What is Overthinking Disorder?
Overthinking disorder is a mental health condition where the individual cannot stop obsessing and worrying over things to the point where it may chronically impact and interfere in daily life, life choices; thinking, feeling, behaving and responding. If you believe you may suffer from overthinking disorder, you may have found you’ve experience one or more of these situations.
Signs and Symptoms of Overthinking Disorder:
- Difficulty following along with and contributing to conversation because you go over potential responses or statements time and again until the conversation has either ended the window of opportunity for speaking was lost
- Continually comparing yourself to the people around you and how you measure up to them
- Focusing on worst case scenarios either involving yourself or the ones you love
- Reliving past failures/mistakes over and over again, so you’re unable to move past them
- Worrying about future tasks and/or goals until they feel almost impossible to accomplish
- Reliving a past traumatic experience (such as abuse of the loss of a loved one) leaving you unable to cope with it
- An ability to slow down the racing of vague thoughts, worries or emotions
Are you ready to make a change?
You are very welcome to get in touch, for any enquiries or questions you may have, or to schedule an appointment.