What are the Signs and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Despite a bulimic’s efforts to conceal the symptoms of an eating disorder, certain warning signs of bulimia are typically visible:
- Social isolation
- Having a distorted, excessively negative body image
- Preoccupation with body shape and weight
A person suffering from bulimia engages in episodes of bingeing and purging, and often referred to as binge-purge cycles.
During binges, a person will eat a large amount of food, most often in private.
Symptoms of Bulimia
In a woman with signs of bulimia, symptoms of increasing physical damage from the disease may include:
- Abnormal bowel functioning
- Irregular heartbeat
- Menstrual irregularities or loss of menstruation (amenorrhea)
- Dry skin
- Tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle cramps
Are you ready to make a change?
You are very welcome to get in touch, for any enquiries or questions you may have, or to schedule an appointment.