What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. You may still feel tired when you wake up. Insomnia can sap not only your energy level and mood but also your health, work performance and quality of life.Insomnia is usually the result of stress or a traumatic event. But some people have long-term chronic insomnia that lasts for a month or more. Insomnia may be the primary problem, or it may be associated with other underlying problems.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Insomnia?
Insomnia symptoms may include:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night
- Waking up during the night
- Waking up too early
- Having trouble getting back to sleep
- Not feeling well-rested after a night’s sleep
- Ongoing worries about sleep
- Daytime tiredness or sleepiness
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- Difficulty paying attention, focusing on tasks or remembering
- Increased errors or accidents
You don’t have to put up with sleepless nights. Simple changes in your daily habits can be made and/or seeking treatment with a health professional can help any other underlying emotional, psychical and psychological causes.
Are you ready to make a change?
You are very welcome to get in touch, for any enquiries or questions you may have, or to schedule an appointment.